UK ISP providers tend to block or throttle HLS content, because of this you need to disable Content Filters, firewall and shield protection from your internet settings. Content filters are applications that screen incoming web pages and determine if they should be displayed to the user or blocked. Filters often block specific web pages at the network level by examining the keywords on those pages or by other means. Please find below the instructions for each of the popular UK ISPs,
Sky Broadband Shield is an online tool that gives users control over their Sky Broadband.
How to switch off Sky Broadband Shield and make Roomba TV accessible via Sky Broadband internet
The steps below will guide you through removing the Broadband Shield content filters:
- Browse to sky.com from your favorite browser. Hover over the My Sky tab and select Broadband shield.
- Enter your Sky iD to log into your account.
- Select Custom, then Block or Unblock next to each website category to allow or block your preferred website categories and then select Save all settings.
- If you want to turn off all of the filters, including virus protection, scroll down to find and click on the Switch Off button. It may take around 15 minutes for the settings to take effect and allow the previously blocked websites.
Click here to view more details on content filters from Sky Broadband.
Find the firewall shield protection options. Disable all kinds of protection. Restart your modem/router afterwards.
Virgin Media Web Safe allows you to block certain websites on all of your devices connected to its network.
How to Switch Off Virgin Media’s Web Safe and make Roomba TV accessible via the ISP
Follow the steps below to disable Virgin Media’s Web Safe content filter:
- Sign in to your My Virgin Media account at http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia
- Enter your username and password to log in to My Virgin Media.
- Navigate to the My Apps tab and select Web Safe from the menu.
- Click on the Overview tab, where you have two options – Virus Safe and Child Safe. Toggle the button next to Child Safe option to turn it Off. We recommend keeping Virus Safe on.
Click here to view more details on content filters from Virgin Media’s Web Safe.
TalkTalk HomeSafe allows you to limit access to certain websites on all devices connected to the TalkTalk network.
How to turn off TalkTalk HomeSafe and make Roomba TV accessible via the ISP
The steps below will guide you through removing the TalkTalk HomeSafe content filters:
- Log in to the My Account option from TalkTalk website.
- Select the My Account tab and hover over the My services menu and select View HomeSafe settings. This will list the filters that are currently on or off.
- Select the areas to switch off next to any of the three options and change your settings to suit your needs.
- Now click on the Off button to confirm, and allow a few minutes for your changes to take effect.
Click here to view more details on content filters from TalkTalk HomeSafe.
You can configure the content filter controls for your Vodafone connection using you’re My Vodafone options with your Vodafone Broadband. Logging in to My Vodafone allows you to change your settings.
Follow the steps below to set up your content controls:
- Enter your Vodafone username and password to log in to My Vodafone.
- You will see your Broadband service below the account summary. Select Manage content controls and you may be asked to carry out a security check.
- Toggle the on and off button to manage your content controls and customize the sites you wish to block or allow.
- Click here to check out the video on Vodafone Broadband content controls.
Click here to view more details on content filters from Vodafone.
Three Network Mobile
Three Network Mobile Adult Content Filter is an online tool that allows Three Network users to block adult sites.
How to switch off Three Network Adult Content Filter and make IPVanish accessible via Three Network Mobile internet
Click here to view more details on how to turn off the Adult Content Filter.
If you have still face issues after following this instructions it's likely you will need to setup a VPN for connecting to our service, open a ticket so we can help you investigate your connectivity issues.